Performance-based Budgeting is a 2-day course offering 16 CPE credits.
Using performance-informed budgeting and resource management to make more effective recommendations!
UNDERSTAND performance budgeting concepts and organizational challenges in the shift towards performance-based budgeting.
EXAMINE the long-term impact of transitioning to a performance-based approach.
USE COST ACCOUNTING to identify the cost of providing government services while identifying opportunities for cost savings.
APPLY these concepts to the foundational steps of building a performance-based budget.
What will I learn?
- Describe the foundations of planning & budgeting in government
- Describe how the strategic plan drives performance-based budget formulation
- Learn the “10 Steps” to building a performance-based budget
- Identify actions that can be taken when capacity and requirements are out of balance
- Identify current budget issues that can and cannot be overcome by a performance-based budget